These are part-time positions specifically for current college students. MetroButler is willing to be flexible around the student's schedule. The role will mostly be done remotely, with 1-2 days in the office, schedule permitting. We are looking for applicants who want to be involved with a true start up company.
The roles will focus mainly on building awareness of the MetroButler offering, both online and out in the real world. By increasing awareness, our interns are directly responsible for helping MetroButler to grow its client base. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to leverage their personal and social networks as a way of learning about marketing strategy, contributing to a growing start up, being involved in several aspects of a business, and making cash on commission, in certain instances. For those interested in social media strategy, company branding, writing, and guerilla marketing, this is a good fit. This is also a terrific position for those looking to get a taste of start-up life, self-employment and entrepreneurship.
MetroButler will work with the applicant to build a flexible schedule regarding hours, weekly assignments and preferred location of work.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CAMPUS REP ROLE
- Initiate student group relations and introductions with appropriate university resources
- Post/flyer on campus and in relevant online/social media forums
- Deliver new potential clients to be on-boarded to platform
- Research groups, listserves, on-campus organizations that MetroButler can partner with
- Drive traffic to MetroButler homepage to initiate sign-ups
BLOGGING & SOCIAL MEDIA ROLE
- Content calendar creation and execution for social media channels
- Posting on social media, increasing number of followers on social media pages
- Contributing to company blog with editorial updates
- Copy-writing for marketing materials and emails
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU TO HAVE
- Excellent writing skills, organizational skills, and a strong GPA
- Demonstration of strong social networks (both online and offline)
- Involvement in any on-campus organizations or clubs is a plus
- Strong understanding of various social media platforms and how they operate
- Ability to work independently as well as on a small team
- Self-starter approach to work; being proactive rather than reactive
- Prior experience as an intern in marketing, advertising, or social media strategy is a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- College credit is offered, where applicable
- Commission (cash!) offered for new client leads
- Ability to work from home and on-campus; no need to report to office regularly
- BEER! (if you're 21) and SNACKS! (if you're not).